Yes, I love Dick Van Dyke. I watched him with Mary Tyler Moore with my momma growing up. I could listen to the music from Mary Poppins every day and not be to upset about the repetition. The reason why the catchy tune of Kick Your Knees Up Step In Time is ringing is my ears is because I have reached my step goal three days in a row.
Wow, that exciting I know. But the fact is it is hard to find time for movement when you are a work at home mom with all those extras that you are responsible for throughout the day. Here is how I did it these past few days.
1. Half hour on the treadmill every day. You can do this with a walking DVD, a walk in the park, walk the dog or walk your husband and children.
2. Choosing to walk the floor to help at the Book Fair at my son’s school instead of standing in place at the cash register. This added around 3,000 steps in 2 hours.
3. Shopping, Shopping Shopping at various larger stores and the mall. The bigger the better and I did not buy a thing but I burned a few calories. That is a win, win in my opinion.
4. General house tidying and clutter pick-up. You would be surprised how many steps you can get in one day just picking up stuff and putting it away. I would say that added at least 3,000 steps yesterday morning.
5. My morning 5-minute momma power walk. I do this power walk either in my office early in the morning while listening to two fun tunes on my Mac or on the treadmill watching the news. If you husband or significant other is at home you could take a little power walk outdoors but mine leaves early and I can’t leave little guy at home alone.
So there you have it. This momma has made her 10,000 step goal for three days! My next goal is a baby step of adding 2,000 more steps per day. I hope I can send some good news in the next few days.
p.s. Still eating a diet of fish, legumes, veggies and fruits. I just wish I had more time for at home cooking. I am doing mediocre at tracking calories. But, I am just proud as punch that I have stuff to quite a few of my mini goals.