I have been loosely following Paleo now for almost three weeks. My cheats have been my gluten free burgers on Friday nights and one roll during a wedding dinner and a couple of martinis and some Pinot. And yet I am still reaping the benefits pretty well. I plan to do a full 30 days starting May 1, 2013.
- Have 3 days of Paleo meals in the freezer and a list of easy fresh vegetables that my husband or a friend can pick up from the local grocer.
- Paleo bread from Wholefoods did not freeze well. I need to make my own or find a source that I can slice a bit thicker. I tried to remove a couple of pieces and it kind of cracked to pieces like glass.
- I have cooked for many years and always had my doubts about cooking with coconut oil. Well folks, it works pretty well so far and I am interested in trying it with several other recipes. My fear of coconut oil in cooking is gone, thanks to Paleo.
- I made tons of Cincinnati Chili Paleo style and it tastes pretty good. Its a bit on the sweet side with all the tomato paste the recipe required so I am going to wait on sharing that recipe and fix it up a bit for my palate.
- For Paleo and freezer meals, glass single serving dishes are a big help. Meat takes a bit longer to re-heat or thaw and yes, I use the microwave to give it a boost. I am an extremely busy person. As a matter of fact, I have a timer running as I am writing because my schedule is simply brimming full today.
I will be taking my measurements tomorrow officially but since I began my Paleo journey almost three weeks about I have lost 7.5 inches around my tummy, hips, chest and thighs. It could be more if I took other measurements, so I am super pleased.
Later Taters…. oh I do miss my tater tots.