Each year is a gift. Each birthday a blessing. I have discovered that I have much more success with my “New Year’s Resolution” when I proclaim them as law as my ” Birthday Proclamation”.
Last year this is what I wrote.
This is my year of no B.S. I am darn near 50 so if you think for one second you are going to use up hours in my day without being a considerate and kind person then you have another think coming. This is my birthday proclamation.
I had lived the previous years allowing people to basically take me for granted and use up my time without any consideration or thankfulness of my working and volunteering hours. I basically allowed them to walk all over me. I am still learning to appreciate who I am, my talents and gifts and how much of those I will share without proper compensation and most especially kindness, consideration and appreciation.
I plan to keep this proclamation forever but will remind myself by adding it to this years’ as well.
My health and the healthy of my family.
“Lead by example!”
“Lead by exmample”I hear this phrase constantly in media and in general conversation. I intend to take it literally this year in safeguarding and nurturing my well-being in hopes that it will spread like wildfire to my family hear at home and my extended family and friends. Health is not to be taken for granted. It is not easy these days, we were taught to read the labels on food years ago, but now those labels are like backwards Morse code and much of it is not completely honest. We are what we eat, but if we buy processed genetically modified food, we really DO NOT know what we are eating.
My Birthday Proclamation
1. To “lead by example” in my heart, health and home.
( I intend to change my life, not start another diet, exercise regime or any other flavor of the week craziness that the media presents to tantalize my overwhelmed time-zapped brain.)
2. My Heart, Health and Home Focus for the Year
- Exercsie/Move 20 minute per day. ( Yes, maybe I need more… but even with a sprained ankle, broken toe, or God forbid another tumor surgery, I can at least get this average in for an entire year.)
- Eating Healthy as a Habit – If I am eating healthy all the time and am the main cook and food decision maker in the house then my immediate family will automatically eat more healthy and my extended family will see the great food choices in our presence and the results by witnesses our SUPER HEALTHY GLOW.
- Bask in the Quiet with a 20 minute sunshine break. I am going to take advantage of the pretty days and practice enjoying the quiet, with prayer meditation and reflection in the healthful sun for 20 minutes per day. There is nothing like outdoor time to lift your spirit and grab some honest, free Vitamin D.
- Spend Less, Have Less – I have been loving the Kon Marie methodology and will keep moving forward in making my home peaceful, completely clutter free and easy to maintain. (Not the easiest thing in the world for a gadget and electronic doodad collector, but oh boy is it a Joy Sparker to have less and spend less.)
- Save More – The economy moves much like a tornado, fast, mostly unpredictably, fascinating and sometimes very damaging. My lack of purchasing more clutter will automatically help our banking budget, planning healthful meals and operating on using less of what we make will be a beautiful life lesson for my sons, my husband and myself.
- Discover, Learn, Grow – With the energy from a healthier lifestyle, a clutter free home and organized cash flow my brain will have an opportunity for growth. I intend to learn something new or improve what I know every single day. Yet another beautiful example for my family.
- Don’ Tread On Me- I will no longer allow people to use my time without kindness, consideration and appreciation. This is the most important task, if I allow then to use me up again… then the rest of my goals will crumble. I have to learn to be my own mentor and heart-guard. I know I am a generous and kind person, I will never let people take advantage of me again.
I appreciate anyone who has taken time to read this. I hope you to jump on the Birthday Proclamation Idea and share yours!
Clearly stating your goals for your year will be a big boost in achieving them. Don’t wait until your next birthday! This year belongs to you! Start today!
This blog will be devoted to sharing how I achieve my Birthday Proclamation through the year.
Love and Peace,